Sunday, July 13, 2008

Photography

Sometimes I take photographs. Here are a few favorites:


"Shoe tree from beneath"

A photograph from one of our road trips. This tree is alongside a lonely highway and full of shoes... hundreds of pairs. I was so intrigued that I crawled under a barbed wire fence to take a picture. I can only speculate as to what the shoes symbolize or what their purpose is. They were all different sizes, and some of them looked really old. There was a funeral parlor business card nailed into the bottom of one leather boot.




"Agriturismo Castro"

A farmhouse I visited in northern Italy



"Il Capo del mercato all'aperto"
or
"The boss of the outdoor market"

I promise I didn't pose this guy. I did accidentally wake him up from his nap to take this picture though. He and his human run a flower stand in Roma's Campo dei Fiori, (translates to Field of Flowers), an Italian square, formerly the site of public torture and punishment, which is now a lovely outdoor market. I lived with 12 other artists in an apartment above Il Campo when studying art in Rome.

No comments: